Friday, September 28, 2012

Got LED?

Gimme the Lights

On September 25, 2012 I was featured as the Photo of the Day on Hooping.org 

This is one of my hoop dreams come true! Ever since the first day I picked up my happy circle of light I had always wanted to become a part of the website. I would scroll post after post, admiring the beautiful hoopers and the insight they had to share with the rest of the community. Pulling inspiration any way I could. I said to myself, "One day I will be on this website!" It was a true honor and complete surprise that they wanted to use a picture of me! I was ECSTATIC!

This all started when I did my first performance with PopCyclePDX - I met so many people that would ultimately help get my on my hooping feet! I was thrilled to be given the opportunity to be doing what I love to do in front of people that cared to watch me stumble my way through. 


The photographer that took this picture, Cody Augustine, asked if I needed any pictures done and I had been looking for someone to get some awesome shots of the LED hoop!
What I got was more than I ever imagined could happen! They turned out BEAUTIFUL!

We went to the Keller Fountain in Portland, OR and we took pictures until we got over 250 shots with beautifully colored traces of light!

I used both of my LED's:


Cody got right to work and chose some of the best shots (they were all dazzling) and sent me all of the pictures for me to use as I wanted! He then posted the brightened photos on his Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/cody10414/8005962032/in/photostream/

SOMEHOW Hooping.Org caught a glimpse of the photos of me and chose one to feature on their site! 
Cody and I couldn't believe it! Something we did just for fun actually got some attention and he deserved to have some rad shots featured on one of the biggest websites in the hooping community!

All in all I just wanted to say THANK YOU to Cody Augustine for taking these beautiful shots, I am so glad that we could share some 5minute of fame glory together! Looking forward to another session (pppsssttt... I have another LED hoop on the way) 


and THANK YOU HOOPING.ORG for bringing such light, joy, inspiration and happiness to the hooping community! 
Your website is like the bible for some of us and keep the posts coming!

HAPPY HOOPING - Love and Light - RageHoops 

No comments:

Post a Comment